Ireland is a country which is even smaller than California, but has a base of all the Top IT companies present in here. You have all the well renowned companies present, plus low key companies such Baltimore technologies, Curam software, EMC Ireland, Havok etc. All these companies do provide an individual with a sponsorship option, as Information Technology is among their skilled shortage list.
There are reputed and well ranked Universities in Ireland such as Trinity College Dublin, University College of Dublin, National University of Ireland Galway, Dublin city University, University College Cork where a course in Information technology runs in synchronisation with the industry in-order to prepare a worthwhile course curriculum. Plus, adding to this, the course duration in Ireland is just for 1 year and they also offer you a Post Study Work visa of 2 year further to it.
The technology industry in Ireland employs over 105,000 people across an array of diverse companies. The reason for such a strong presence of IT companies is because Enterprise Ireland have been quite open towards making Ireland as a European Headquarter for Information Technology, Life Science and Financial Services.
- Ireland is the second largest exporter of computer and IT services in the world.
- 10 of the top 10 Global IT Companies have their presence in Ireland
- 9 of the Top 10 Global software companies have their strong foothold in Ireland
- Global leaders such as Intel, HP, IBM, Microsoft and Apple have long-established operations in Ireland.
- They have been joined by newer leading-edge giants such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Amazon, PayPal, eBay and Twitter.
- Dublin is Europe's leading hub of innovative games companies with Big Fish, EA, Havok, DemonWare, PopCap, Zynga, Riot Games and Jolt all having a significant presence here.
- The sector accounts for more than €50 billion of exports from Ireland per annum.